Our Mission Statement:
Learning today for all our tomorrows in a caring, Christian community.
Our Vision Statement:
- We aim to provide a learning environment which is stimulating, based on Gospel Values and where each child is challenged to achieve his/her full potential academically, spiritually and socially.
- We aim to foster a Christian ethos and develop positive relationships with our local church, the village and wider community.
- At St. Nicholas, we are commited to equal opportunities and believe in treating people fairly regardless of race, ethnicity and culture.
- To provide each pupil with the opportunity to fulfil his/her maximum potential in academic, social, physical and spiritual areas of life.
- To promote good health for the body, mind and spirit, and to teach children about issues that will help them keep themselves safe.
- To create a friendly school where people can grow as individuals and know they are respected.
- To be a Christian, moral and caring community, which respects other cultural backgrounds.
- To make sure that all in the school and wider community feel valued and play a positive role, and that local people feel proud of us.
- To strive for high quality teaching and learning, through which each child can develop a life-long love of learning and achieve their full potential.
- To recognise and value the individuality of each and every pupil and to commit to giving all our children equal opportunities to achieve highest standards.
- To foster respect for each other's feelings, opinions and property and encourage co-operation, helpfulness and kindness at work and play.
- To offer a challenging, stimulating, well planned and broad curriculum, firmly based upon high standards of literacy and numeracy, supported by a range of strategies and styles that prepare children fully for their role in society.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to experience, understand and celebrate diversity.
- To encourage, monitor and support each child's progress in accordance with his/her individual needs and abilities.