Geography at St Nicholas
We aim to…
- To create well-rounded geographers.
- To have a key understanding of capital cities, countries and continents.
- To provide opportunities for all children to have the geographical skills and knowledge to prepare them for their future.
- Encourage children to understand more about their local community and the wider world.
- To build on and use key geographical vocabulary and share good quality texts and trips out to enhance geography topics.
- To embrace the learning of the local community as well as the wider world.
How we will achieve our aims…
- To ensure high quality teaching.
- The geography is taught across each year group and follows a clear sequence and progressive programme of study.
- The Children are get given the opportunity to develop a range of skills.
- Using a use of cross curricular links where possible to enhance knowledge of geography.
- To use geographical resources to engage and enthuse pupils in geography lessons.
- Geographical vocabulary is used and embedded throughout all lessons, from Reception, KS1 and KS2.
How will we know we’ve achieved our aims?
- The children will flourish as geographers.
- Children will be able to recognise the importance off geography not only to their everyday lives but to their community and the wider world.
- Children will be able to use a range of geographical resources with increasing confidence.
- Many children can talk with confidence about the subject and use the correct terminology.
- The children will have a better understanding capital cities, countries and continents.
- children will be able to apply their cross curricular knowledge from geography two other areas.