St Nicholas Church of England Primary School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
Welcome to St Nicholas C of E Primary School.
This school is a community where we all work together, where individual needs are recognised and supported and where every child matters. We firmly believe that collective worship is an integral part of our community and through it children develop socially, morally and spiritually. We are part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust.
Our Vision & Ethos
- To provide each pupil with the opportunity to fulfil his/her maximum potential in academic, social, physical and spiritual areas of life.
- To promote good health for the body, mind and spirit, and to teach children about issues that will help them keep themselves safe.
- To create a friendly school where people can grow as individuals and know they are respected.
- To be a Christian, moral and caring community, which respects other cultural backgrounds.
- To make sure that all in the school and wider community feel valued and play a positive role, and that local people feel proud of us.
- To strive for high-quality teaching and learning, through which each child can develop a life-long love of learning and achieve their full potential.
- To recognise and value the individuality of each and every pupil and to commit to giving all our children equal opportunities to achieve highest standards.
- To foster respect for each other’s feelings, opinions and property and encourage co-operation, helpfulness and kindness at work and play.
- To offer a challenging, stimulating, well planned and broad curriculum, firmly based upon high standards of literacy and numeracy, supported by a range of strategies and styles that prepare children fully for their role in society.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to experience, understand and celebrate diversity.
- To encourage, monitor and support each child’s progress in accordance with his/her individual needs and abilities.